What this Privacy Statement Covers
Aastra USA Inc. (“Aastra USA”) is committed to protecting personal information that is provided by third parties. This Privacy Statement covers how Aastra USA Inc. (“Aastra USA”) treats personal information collected by us through the majority of our websites and offline, such as at a tradeshow or other event, conference, personal meeting, or as part of a contract. It does not apply to those sites that do not display or link to this Privacy Statement or that have their own privacy statements.
Collection of Your Personal Information
From time to time, Aastra USA may request Personal Information from you in the course of carrying its business activities. “Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, phone number, title, occupation, credit or debit card number, ID number(s) and other information you have provided to us or is required to provide a service, or carry out a transaction that you have requested. On some of our websites, we may collect third-party Personal Information such as name, email and phone number, and we assume that you have the third party's permission to provide us the information. Please do not provide us any information you do not have authority to provide. This information is only collected and used for the purpose it was intended. Some of the reasons we collect your Personal Information include:
- requesting information about us, our products or services
- registration for an account or service
- requesting service and support for our products and services
- providing support
- placement of a transaction or order
- registration to attend a seminar, webinar or training class
- participation in an online survey
- submission of an entry for a sweepstakes or other promotion
- participation in a discussion group or forum
- registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- when you apply for a job
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information for the purpose it was intended when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your Personal Information is used without your consent. Some of the ways we may use your Personal Information include to:
- Keep you up to date on the latest product and service announcements, software updates, system enhancements, special offers, information on value-added products and services from our partners, and other information, provided that you can edit your marketing preferences at any time as described below.
- Provide support and assistance for our products and services.
- Provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- Provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- Provide customer feedback and support.
- Provide and administer contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on our websites.
- Conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaire is voluntary.
- Support recruitment inquiries.
- Understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Allow you to forward information to another individual, such as a friend or co-worker who you believe is interested in receiving the information. Aastra USA does not store the personal information of the third party. We use the email address and contact name (if applicable) for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email on your behalf.
- Conduct analysis of user traffic on our website.
- Legal and regulatory compliance purposes.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information. In some cases, you may have the ability to view or edit your Personal Information online. In order to help prevent your Personal Information from being viewed by others, you will be required to sign in with your credentials (for example, email address and password). The appropriate method(s) for accessing your Personal Information will depend on which websites you have used.
- aastrausa.com, aastraondemand.com, aastradollars.com, aastraintecom.com – Information collected is not viewable online after it has been collected. You may make updates or request deactivation of your information by sending an email to email@example.com.
- InfoChannel – You can access and update your profile by signing into your InfoChannel account. You may also make these updates or request deactivation of your website profile by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- support.aastraintecom.com – changes to your profile can be made by sending an email to email@example.com.
- elearning.aastraintecom.com – you can make changes to your profile online or by sending an email using the “Contact Us” button on the elearning website.
- aastraug.org – Although accessible from a link on the aastrausa.com website, aastraug.org is not owned or controlled by Aastra USA. This website is under the control of the Aastra User Group organization. To make updates or request deactivation of your information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each promotional email from us includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing. You may also unsubscribe from various promotional communications by sending a message using the contact information below. Please be sure to include your name, email address and specific relevant information about the material that you no longer wish to receive to: Aastra USA Inc., Marketing Department, 2811 Internet Blvd, Frisco, Texas, 75034, USA; Email: email@example.com.
These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory support service communications that are considered part of certain support services, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the support service in accordance with its terms and conditions.
Non-personal/Anonymous Information Collection
In some instances, Aastra USA may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through web logs and similar tools. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, share or trade your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may share your Personal Information within Aastra USA or any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage. We may also share your Personal Information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing and shipping orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting events and seminar registration and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete/provide the requested service or transaction, and the third parties are not permitted to use your Personal Information except for the limited purpose of completing/providing the requested service or transaction.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your Personal Information and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims and use your Personal Information in this regard as appropriate.
While navigating our websites you may be directed to content or functionality that is hosted by a third-party supplier. When information is collected on behalf of Aastra USA exclusively, this Aastra USA Privacy Statement will be referenced on the website and will govern how your information is used. For other, non-Aastra USA websites, the website owner’s privacy statement will be referenced.
Security of Your Personal Information
Aastra USA is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. When we transfer sensitive personal data (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
From time to time we may supplement Personal Information collected on our website with information from other commercially available sources that we deem credible, such as business contact databases. This is to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect and help us provide a better service.
Our websites may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this Aastra USA Privacy Statement. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on these (and all) sites you visit.
Aastra USA does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
We may transfer your Personal Information from Aastra USA to any Aastra Technologies Limited subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf, for the purposes of processing or storage, and by providing any Personal Information to us you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Aastra USA qualifies for the alternative option. We have a comprehensive privacy statement, and provide you with details on how you may either Opt-out or Opt-in to the use of your Personal Information by third parties for direct marketing purposes. Therefore, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your Personal Information for marketing purposes during the preceding year. If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, you must send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or comments?
We value your opinions. Should you have any privacy-related questions or comments related to this Aastra USA Privacy Statement, please send an email to email@example.com.
Updates to this Aastra USA Privacy Statement
Aastra USA may amend this privacy statement at any time without prior notice to you, so please review it frequently. When amended, a revised privacy statement will be posted on our website, will have force and effect as of the date of its posting, and by using our website you agree to the terms of the privacy statement that is posted on our website at the time of use.